The last number of years has seen an unprecedented amount of property disposals in the West of Ireland, often in distressed situations by financial institutions and Receivers.
At MacSweeney & Company we have acted in a large number of these transactions for Receivers and banks, and have experience in all types of sales processes including private sale, auctions and sealed tenders. The types of properties include hotels, nursing homes, retail premises, industrial premises, development sites and partially constructed housing developments.
In the current climate, transactions are usually complicated by a myriad of issues including, legal title and planning. We navigate such issues routinely on behalf of clients.
We also regularly advise property investors on all aspects of conveyancing, including the structuring of transactions.
Our areas of expertise include:
- acquisition and disposal of commercial, industrial and retail property;
- commercial leases;
- property finance and secured lending;
- site development, development funding and sale of completed units;
- joint venture developments; and
- planning law and regulation.